Monday, November 28, 2011

Insurance Woes

The wheelchair company called me today, and, because the prescription for the custom chair came from a doctor out of California, they have to get C's local pediatrician to write a duplicate scrip before they can get it authorized.  Ahhh, the joys of insurance.

Meanwhile, I need to see an oral surgeon about my TMJ, but I can't until I get a referral from MY primary doc, who I've actually never seen before...  So I'm waiting for that appointment (which is scheduled for January because that's the earliest they could get me in) to get a referral to the oral surgeon, because the referral from my dentist wasn't good enough.

Then, of course, there's the current battle with the insurance company over getting my EMDR appointments approved.  How they thought 3 sessions with a shrink was going to accomplish ANYTHING, I will never know.

I'm really tired of our healthcare industry here in the US, of the money-hungry insurance companies that drive up the rates on everything, pay too little while charging too much, and often deny care or assistive devices to those who need them.  It's a failed system; I think we all know that.  It's way past time to do something about it.  People need medical care, and they shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it!

At least my kid never gets the cold or the flu.  That sure saves us a lot on doctor's visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment