Sunday, December 4, 2011

The One Where C Gets a Cold

C never gets sick. I mean, like, NEVER... But, for the past few days, she's been battling a cold. It was just a runny nose at first, but now it's crud in her chest with a little cough and massive running of the nose. Really, it's beyond disgusting. She's an oozeling.

So, following my best Mommy Instincts, I am keeping her home from school tomorrow in hopes of giving her a day to rest up. Of course, we'll have to leave to go get her follow-up X-rays to find out if there is, in fact, a round metal object stuck in her throat... And whether or not she rests is completely up to her, as that child CANNOT be forced or tricked or lulled to sleep. She sleeps when she's damned good and ready for it, and no time else. All I can do is turn off the lights to minimize distractions, give her a bottle so her tummy will be full, cross my fingers, and hope for the best.

Of course, keeping her home means I had to cancel my workout with my trainer, but that can be easily rescheduled. It also means getting her X-rayed earlier in the day, which *might* mean getting an answer back by the end of the day as to whether we need to intervene on this coin or whatever the last X-ray showed in her throat...

...So maybe she won't be getting any extra rest, just a little less excitement than school offers up to her. =/

Still, at least this way, she doesn't get any of the other kids (or teachers!) sick. Poor kid... She never gets sick, but when she does, she's just plain miserable. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment